Things to Check
THINGS TO DO WHEN A PERSON GOES MISSING
- Report person missing.
- Talk to family and friends, are they staying with them.
- Make posters as soon as possible.
- Papers, television (photo very important)
- Be kind to yourself.
- Check phone. (To see whom they talked to last)
- Bank account. (Are they withdrawing money)
- Passport. Is it around?
- Check house. What is missing? Is it upset in any way?
- Finger prints. Don’t dust before having fingerprint done.
- Check personal belongings.
- Bus check. (Did he / she get the bus)
- Internet: Place an Appeal
- Ask police to keep in touch.
- DNA. Testing (parents).
- If they go missing in town or shopping centres (check cameras)
- Don’t be put off. You know your own.
- Contact a support organisation like www.missingpersons.ie or CCMPSR
My thanks to the relative of a missing person who sent the above.
See another more detailed check list of what to do.